St. Nicholas Church, situated in the town centre, probably dates back to the 14th century. The original simple aisleless church was frequently rebuilt and extended throughout the centuries. It gained its final shape in the years 1899-1900.
Just like the town hall in Sulęcin, St. Nicholas Church was burned down in 1945 when the Red Army entered the town. The late gothic reredos dating back to the early 16th century and the rafter framing, as well as the last storey of the church tower and the 15th century stellar vault covering the aisle and the presbytery were destroyed then. After the reconstruction of the church at the turn of the 1940s and 1950s the building gained its present appearance.