The early 19th century is the time of the Napoleonic Wars. It was the time when an old stagecoach route led through Sulęcin; it led from Berlin through Frankfurt on the Oder River, Ośno, Międzyrzecz, Pniewy, Poznań to Warsaw and further to the east. This was also the route on which the majority of Napoleon's armies marched to Moscow.
On 1 November 1806 General Davous stopped at Sulęcin with his troops and imposed huge war tribute on its inhabitants. This was repeated in 1812 when Marshal Ney marched through Sulęcin on his way back from Russia. The population of the town was around 2000 then; after the Napoleonic troops' visit they had a debt in the amount of 40000 thalers which they were paying off until 1847. This time was well remembered by the town inhabitants, which can be proved by the fact that they called the pavement in the former Alte Gleissenerstrasse, leading from Sulęcin to Glisno, Napoleon’s Pavement.
Large fragments of this paved road have survived until today; one can take it to get by bicycle to the Czerwony Potok [Red Stream] in the Uroczysko Lubniewsko [Lubniewsko Wilderness].